I am tired (already!) , and waiting for ELP to come home from work before we prepare to kick off christmas celebrations with his family. As one is allowed to do when tired – from completing an assignment this morning, tackling the grocery store, doing laundry and general house chores – I lay on my size couch, have some tv on in the background and get lost in blogland. Regardless of if the presents are not wrapped, and the cards have not been written on….
8 Things I’m Passionate About:
1. Family – do I need to explain this, really?
2. Reading – they don’t call me ‘four unit’ for nothing!
3. Advocating – particularly for the underdog, mental health and issues of bullying
4. Order – I like things organised, and simple, and clean. Mess and clutter messes with my head.
5. Health – not in a gym junkie way, but in a way where if i want my body to last 90 years i better treat it with the respect it deserves kind of way
6. Music – there is power to it. Surely.
7. Nail Polish – I am a little bit addicted
8. Photography – Lets be honest, I’m never going to win awards, but I darn will capture the moments of our family and friends and make all of our homes beautiful.
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. Travel to New York and the Maldives.
2. Have a brood of little killers.
3. Own a home
4. Convince ELP that a sausage dog will get along with the bulldogs
5. Not kill every plant I own
6. Take a professional photography course
7. Live a life worth remembering
8. Finish the studies that I want to complete
8 Things I Say Often:
2. Yeah, no.
3. Esqueeze me
5. Sorry, what?
6. F**k – Need to stop, but it feels so good to say it when you are mad
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over:
1. Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri
2. Raise your glass – Pink
3. I was made for lovin you – KISS
4. Don’t stop believing – Journey
5. Konstantine – Something Corporate
6. The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes – Fall Out Boy
7. Stolen – Dashboard Confessional
8. Ring the Bells – Satellite
8 Things That Attract Me to my Best Friends:
4. Parasiticness – they are all lifers
8 Things I am Looking Forward To:
1. Doing Killer Christmas tonight
2. Doing G Christmas tomorrow
3. New Years Eve with one of the Besties
4. Lots of Days off
5. Hearty servings of Lyndal Friendly Pavlova
6. Drinking my Skinny Girl Cosmo… the whole bottle!
7. Posting/ Writing all my 2012 goals / lists
8. The new year
8 Things That Have Made Me Smile This Week:
1. Friday night dinner
2. Lots of emails
3. The top ten/twelve eighties movie list
4. Alice in Wonderland
5. Gene Simmons
6. ELP jokes
7. Writing our 52 in 52 list
8. The blogging community
8 Things I Cannot Do:
1. Snorkel – I try, I tried, dear lord, i do both. One day, I will. Preferably in about five months
2. Whistle…. I just can’t. Please don’t make me try
3. Play sports involving a ball being thrown or hit
5. Ride mountain bikes down very steep hills
7. Keep a straight face when ELP and I are shouting
8. Stop buying shoes.
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a safe, relaxing break filled with laughter and love x