Oh! Hi there!
Welcome… to our family
We look a little bit different, in fact our home is now different
(remember to update your RSS, or email subscription, or google reader!)
To (re) kick things off, we are going to fill you in on some secrets / things you have always wondered / didn’t know!
1. The obvious place to start would be our name… Killers is one of Adam’s (above right) nicknames. He even has a BMX jersey to prove its legitimacy from way back. And there is nothing more disconcerting than sitting in a crowded pub and someone yelling out ‘HEY KILLERS’ and noticing the sudden quietness… Oh yes. Fitting though, it suits… we have very quirky senses of humour, laugh a lot, and of course life is a little bit left of the middle around here!
2. We live together in a little sleepy suburb on the outskirts of Sydney… it is lovely, in our little square of rented real estate. I am an original began from the West (‘Riff represent) whilst Adam has lived around here all his blinking life. We moved in together around five years ago, and 2012 is the year of the house. Watch out sellers, HERE WE COME!
3. Travel = love. Lyndal had to CONVINCE, absolutely bloody talk Adam into travelling overseas. After years of doing drive arounds for BMX competitions, she was finally allowed to pick a holiday destination and plan away. Lyndal picked America, and of course we went to watch the Super X. Lyndal is pretty sure any holiday we have even attempted has still involved some form of motorsport. Along the way we have learnt that Adam is good at everything ( there is a post about that here ) Lyndal, not so great at athletics… Lyndal is also not great at judging distances on a map (after walking 38km in one day… because it was only a few cm apart on the paper!) Snow is really cold and Adams warnings come way too late when she is falling down stairs, and most importantly laughter solves EVERYTHING!
4. One thing Lyndal drives Adam crazy with is… the tapping of fingernails on the iPad / Keyboard. It’s no good trying to sneaky check social media in bed if those nails are tap tap tapping away. The only time tapping is good is when you are trying to make a putt… the end
5. Adam never fails to make Lyndal laugh because… he is a roving jukebox karaoke machine. You never know when you are going to come out of another room, steam coming out of your ears, and all of a sudden he is singing a completely random song with bonus added dance moves. Or late at night in very peaceful silence, all a sudden its bust-a-move! Its loud, its crazy… its a boat load of fun.
6. Adam thinks Lyndal really hates that he can find any piece of motorsport on tv at any given time of day. Apparently. It has nothing to do with the loud noises made when SHOUTING at the racers (because they can totally hear you) or that its distracting you from doing your one house chore of washing up. Who cares really, I have my iDevices… and headphones
7. Our pet of choice is a fat, heavy unit of a dog… otherwise known as a British Bulldog. His name will be Bentley. He is still a sparkle in his Papas eye. Lyndal on the other hand, wanted a daschund forever, until Adam broke her heart and vetoed that idea quicker than any protest could be made. Currently she is settled on a Fiesty French Bulldog… but time will tell.
8. We are extremely stubborn… ridiculously stubborn. Lyndal is Saggitarian, Adam is an Aries – you can tell that both being fire signs it can certainly get heated. Luckily it is very rarely at each other, however you bet your bottom dollar it makes for a formidable team. Most of the time it means we march to the beat of our own drum – the Joneses are just another family down the street who wave as we walk past. And God help you when we finally make a decision…. Just saying.
9. Lunchbox letters are incredibly important. You can never express your gratitude or love enough. Whether it be a very public inter webs luncbox letter, or a quiet note left in a journal – lunchbox letters started very early on in the days when Lyndal was solo living in Redfern and Adam had to drive an hour to visit/stay over… and they continue. Adam may not remember the exact date of birthdays or anniversaries, but the lunchbox letters steal hearts every. blinking. time.
10. Dreams… we dream on the scale of big and giant and grand. Adam says ‘Bentleys, Bulldogs, Blogs’. Lyndal thinks that sums it up really well – but also dreams of houses and no more uni, and maybe little killers. We may not ‘feel’ as ‘old’ as we really are, but we are constantly talking of our dreams and hopes. Adam dreams a lot of motorbikes, and not working whilst Lyndal slaves away making big bucks. Lyndal thinks thats fine as long as he does the house chores which includes the groceries (which is not simply a trolley of ice magic). Really, at the end of the day, dreams carry us through life and we have been incredibly blessed to have been able to see a lot of these become reality. This blog is just the fruition of a small slice of those – and a place where we can reflect, pause and project.
Welcome, again, to our family. Right now it is just Lyndal and Adam. One day it will be Bentley and Fred (the Frenchy) with Little Killer 1 and maybe Little Killers 2 and 3. Time will tell, and our journey will be well detailed here… from both of us
< Posted for IBOT with Jess at Diary of a SAHM >